Thursday 30 July 2009

Alternative Press Festival Day 1:"Publish You" Book Launch 29th July 2009

29th of July was the day of our book launch and the 1st day of our five day Alternative Press Festival. It was a very proud day for me seeing the 1st book I ever designed being launched. Actually it was a very proud day for all of us that were involved in the book.
We had a really great response and the Housmans Radical Book Shop where we had the launch was totally packed out, we could barley move.

We also had some interest from various people including a couple who were filming the book launch and are going to be making a documentary on the whole festival. We also got interviewed buy a lady who works for a website called Creative Choices who is going to use our interview on a pod cast for her website. So going to be keeping a look out for that. I also filmed some of the book launch myself and I'm going to upload the videos and my speech when I get a chance.

The book showcases some of what's going on in the small press scene including, illustration, comics, poetry, art books and zines.

The work for the book was selected and compiled by Jimi Gherkin, Peter Lally ,Gareth Brookes and myself. We had to make a lot of hard choices and agree as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment